By purchasing an eBook from Grail Foundation Press, you receive three different file formats – PDF, ePub, and mobi – so you can read your eBook on the digital device of your choice. Some common options are given below. For help with installing your ebook on a specific reading device, please seek support from your device's maker.
If you plan to read your eBook on a desktop or laptop computer, the PDF version will probably offer the best experience.
ePub is emerging as the standard format for reading digital books on mobile and tablet devices: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android, Nook, Sony, Kobo eReader, etc.
- On an Apple device, you can use Safari to download the ePub file straight into iBooks … or download the file to your computer, drag it into iTunes, and synch your device.
- On Android devices, you can use Aldiko Book Reader or FBReader.
- On an eReader device like Nook, Kobo, or Sony, you'll most likely download the ePub file to your computer and then connect your device with a USB cable.
- You can also read ePub files on a desktop or laptop computer with Adobe Digital Editions or the EPUBReader plugin for the Firefox web browser.
Amazon's Kindle reads eBook files in mobi format.
- To read your eBook on a Kindle, just plug the USB cable into your computer and drag & drop the mobi file into your Kindle's Documents folder.